Every year we celebrate Mother’s Day on the second Sunday in May. Our mothers are endowed by our children, cooked or preserved throughout the day and left in silence. I find it a pity that there is only one day a year on which we thank our mothers, that it gives and has given us life.
Would it be too much to ask the well below the year times “thank you” or “Nice that you are there” to say?
That refers not only to our mothers, because there is indeed most other family members whom one time can give a minute to show you that they have been like.
At 15, I found that my mother and I look indeed very similar abut there was a feeling of worlds between us. But since I now live in Vienna, my bond to my mother and actually my whole family has totally changed. The band has become much stronger and for me there is nothing better than to spend time with my family.
For all the up to now might not have a gift for mom, I have prepared a simple recipe for you.
Berry Quark Pie:
- 220 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110 g butter, softened
- 200 g sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 150ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Greases the baking tin with 20 cm diameter, and sets the ground covered with baking paper. Heating the oven to 180 degrees Conventional heat. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Give the softened butter and sugar in a second smaller bowl and beat both about 3 minutes light creamy at the highest level on.
- Turns down the mixer to medium and give gradually the egg whites and stir only so long until it has been connected to the dough.
- Then you give it all together in the large bowl and stir again vigorously.
- These mixes the buttermilk with the vanilla extract in a measuring cup and give them alternately with the flour mixture to the batter until everything is connected.
- Then Spread the batter evenly in baking dish and bake all about 30 minutes in a preheated oven. Power to the compulsory test sticks and bring the cake out of the oven. Put the cake on a wire rack and let cool completely him in shape.
Filling & Topping:
- 1 pkg QimiQ (depending vanilla or original)
- 250 g quark
- Mixes the quark with the QimiQ together in a bowl. Then you give a little of it in a small bowl and picks the berries underneath.
- Cut the cake ground parallel to the ground in the middle, because there is now filling with the berries clean. Give then the lid of the cake back on it.
- Now the whole cake can be coated with the stopper or even the surface to be coated so as desired.